Jajarkot: Minister for Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation, Shakti Bahadur Basnet has said that drinking water facility would be expanded to all areas of Jajarkot. Drinking water facilities have reached 85 percent of the population so far and the accessibility of drinking water would be established for the remaining 15 percent of the population by making action plan, the Minister said in a press meet organized at Khalanga, the district headquarters, today.
Similarly, he said communication services would be extended to all places in the district within one year. Twenty-one out of 28 telephone towers are in operation so far while seven are under repair and maintenance. Minister Basnet pledged that communication services would be ensured in all areas by construction some additional towers. According to him, the dirt roads in the district are being upgraded and he has been effortful in resolving the problem of shortage of doctors at hospitals in the district. —