Nepal Purbadhar

आइतवार, माघ १५, २०७९
Sunday, January 29, 2023

आइतवार, माघ १५, २०७९
Sunday, January 29, 2023

Slow progress on Galchhi-Rasuwagadhi road construction 

KATHMANDU: Galchi-Trishuli-Meilung-Safruweshi-Rasuwagadhi road project seems difficult to complete within the deadline.  Construction of the road was started in the financial year 2015/16 with the target to complete in the current financial year 2022/23.

The progress report given by the project office, states that only 52.2 percent of physical progress has been achieved till the previous financial year. Therefore, the possibility of completing the remaining 47.8 percent of the work within the current financial year is very slim.

There is a goal to blacktop 65 km of the Galchi-Trishuli-Meilung-Safruveshi-Rasuwagadhi road with a dedicated double lane. Along with this, the width of the road will be 11 meters. Similarly, there is a target of constructing 32 bridges, constructing one flyover and 4 landslide control works.

During the last 7 years, 27.324 km have been blacktopped and 11 bridges completed. The possibility of a flyover has been studied. Contracts for three landslide prevention works have already been awarded.

According to officials, 89 percent of physical progress has been made in the last year. The total budget of the project is Rs 15.50 billion. Of that, Rs 9.5 billion will be spent on construction and Rs 60 billion on compensation and damages. 

Read Previous

4th Infrastructure Summit to begin on Thursday

Read Next

Achieving SDGs still challenging for Nepal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.